Bridgeport, CT house explosion 49 White St.
01/20/19 Bridgeport, CT - Companies were dispatched just before noon to a reported house explosion. The 2nd battalion arrived and found the number two side first and second floors blown out. Truck companies immediately searched the dwelling and found a small fire in the debris and the indication of a flash fire in one room. All occupants were accounted for as one line was stretched and operated. All members were then withdrawn from the dwelling as questions about structural integrity arose. Members of the rescue evaluated the damaged and began a shoring operation from the basement up. The fire marshal, utilities and department of buildings were requested to the scene forthwith. The occupant of the apartment where the explosion occurred was taken to the hospital and treated for burns. The cause of the explosion was a camping propane cylinder used to fuel heating devices.Read More